EVS w Słowenii to propozycja Fundacji Rozwoju Społeczeństwa Przedsiębiorczego i organizacji Youth Centre Hrastnik. Projekt “Be active,be healthy” otrzymał już dofinansowanie w słoweńskiej Narodowej Agencji i przewiduje działania wolontariusza w mieście Hrastnik, w Słowenii. Zgłoszenia (CV i list motywacyjny w języku angielskim) prosimy przesyłać na adres email@example.com oraz na firstname.lastname@example.org (zgłoszenie należy wysłać na oba adresy mailowe).
Termin nadsyłania zgłoszeń: 25 stycznia 2017 r.
W treści wiadomości mailowej prosimy dodać:
Sending organization: Fundacja Rozwoju Społeczeństwa Przedsiębiorczego
Adress: Warszawska 6, 311 room, 40-006 Katowice, Silesia region, POLAND
Accreditation number: 2015-1-PL01-KA110-014455
Mamy dla Was propozycję pracy w Młodzieżowym Centrum w Słowenii. Do zadań wolontariuszy należeć będzie prowadzenie różnego rodzaju warsztatów dla osób młodych przychodzących spędzać czas wolny w Youth Center w Hrastniku. Warsztaty o różnorodności kuchni europejskiej będą wykorzystywane jako medium, aby porozmawiać o ostatnich wydarzeniach społecznych, poruszyć dialog międzykulturowy i zaprosić do dyskusji na temat poszanowania różnic i przezwyciężania stereotypów oraz dyskryminacji. Szczegółowy opis aktywności poniżej. Załączamy również prezentację w prezi.
Coordinating/Receiving organisation: Youth Centre Hrastnik
Location: Hrastnik, Slovenia
Duration: April 2017 –January 2018 ( 9 months)
Length: Long term project
Youth Centre Hrastnik is a non-profit organisation established three years ago. In that time we have successfully integrated into the local community. With our work we wish to provide young people and young by heart a focal point for their leisure activities and self-growth. With informal education we offer a space where they can hone their abilities, skills and competences in order to ease the transition into responsibilities of adult life and to provide better chances on the job market. With our activities we try to promote social inclusion and solidarity amongst youth and enable them to enhance their competences.
With the project Europe on the Plate the Youth Centre Hrastnik wishes, by using the medium of food and cuisine, to bring the topics of multiculturalism, internationality, refugees and other social issues that Europe is dealing with at the moment into the limelight and thus introduce it to the local youth and other inhabitants. This is especially important since we sensed rising fear and mistrust towards the phenomena during the recent refugee crisis. Cuisine thus represents a means to remove or at least alleviate the obstacles, fear and prejudices for discussion since our daily work proves, that the culinary workshops provide a good platform to initiate discussion on more difficult topics.
With their work in the local environment the volunteers will enhance in it the sensitivity to intercultural issues, promote tolerance, solidarity and acceptance of difference. We wish to provide them with the experience where they could show their knowledge and skills, be creative and develop new ideas and at the same time have the opportunity to gain new informal knowledge and competencies as well as enhance their existing ones. They will use the knowledge they gain in their local environment when they return home.
During the project Youth Centre Hrastnik will host 2 volunteers for 9 months. Cuisine will be used as medium to talk about recent social developments, intercultural dialogue and invite discussion on respecting differences and overcoming stereotypes and discrimination. By providing recipes of the prepared dishes at the end of workshops the volunteers will enable the participants to include them on their daily menu and continue the experience at home and thus give them the opportunity to remember and ponder about the issues at home and at the same time share their experience with others.
To promote recognition of the project and inform about recent developments insociety and other issues connected with the project the volunteers will establish a Facebook page, edit their own segment of mch.si page, and write their own blogs. Twitter will also be used since the volunteers will add their own contribution by actively commenting developments using appropriate hashtags and #Erasmus+ and thus promote the project at the same time.
Tasks of volunteer:
We wish to enable an experience through which the volunteer will be able explore and test her existing skills, build on them and learn new ones. She will be provided with an environment where she’ll be able to gain knowledge and explore new horizons through a process of non-formal learning. We would like to emphasize especially on knowledge and skills that will be useful also when she returns back to her local community.
- During the whole time of service, the volunteer will work in a team (another EVS volunteer, the narrow and the wider crew of employees and volunteers of MCH).
- Structured exchange of knowledge skills and know-how will take place between the volunteer and local youth. We will encourage creating of new ideas in a safe and motivating setting of Youth Centre. Through them we wish to enable a positive multicultural experience for all the participants, enabling them to enhance their skill set, language competencies and widen their social network outside of national borders.
- Volunteer will write a blog about the EVS activity, which will be posted on the Youth centre’s website (www.mch.si).
- If necessary participant will take photos and shoot with a camera, while attending the activities. Post production (making videos, etc) can follow.
- Volunteer will make at least 5 events open to public. With support of Youth Centre Hrastnik the volunteer will present to local community heris skills, knowledge, facts about heris country, etc., in a creative way. Events created by her will encourage our local youth to participate and co-create events in Youth Centre Hrastnik, learn from each other, widen their social circle, and improve their language and communication skills.
- Volunteer will keep in touch with current developments in the world and on the local scale connected to the topic of the project and will inform local community about them by means of Facebook, Twitter and special events.
- Volunteer will participate in planning and execution of events and daily activities of Youth Centre Hrastnik – preparing and implementation of workshops for different age groups, preparing Christmas fair, concerts, communication with the media, communication with partners and guests and arranging smaller matters; preparation of the material needed and the space for the event implementation; promotion of events (Facebook, mailing lists, designing and distributing flyers and posters..); evaluation of the work. During the whole process, she will, as mentioned above, work in a team, in a safe environment, with help and support of the team.
- During her time of service the volunteer will also carry out an informatorion role in the daily activities of the Youth Centre Hrastnik. As an informator, she will be the main announcer of empowering intercultural dialogue. With her presence, she will act as a role model to children, youngsters and the elderly, with different social backgrounds. She will encourage mobility, self- initiation, also with the youngsters with fewer opportunities (visitors with developmental disorders, immigrants from formal Yugoslavian republics, the unemployed,…).
- The volunteer will at least once, in time of service, promote heris activities (EVS program, YIA program, activities of MCH, heris culture, the country she derives from) in form of presentations on primary and middle schools. The presentations will always be carried out in escort of the MCH crew.
- The volunteer will, from the beginning, regularly attend meetings with the mentor and EVS coordinator. This will be implemented to achieve reflection, planning, monitoring and evaluation of the learning process and its achievements.
- If applicable the volunteer will collaborate in joint regional EVS projects.
Working hours and days off:
6-8 hours of per day, 5 days per week, two consecutive days off per week and 2 days holiday per month for the duration of the project. The timetable can change, depending on events in evening hours and during the weekends. Therefore, the flexibility of the volunteer is desirable.
Food and Accommodation:
The volunteer will live in an apartment in Hrastnik, Slovenia. The apartment is equipped with sleeping (two bedrooms), cooking, washing, laundry and social facilities. The volunteer is also responsible for keeping the living area clean and to take care of the equipment inside the house. In case of damage, because of negligence, she may be asked to pay the repair costs. We will provide enough towels, bed sheets and cooking equipment. The monthly food allowance is provided, altogether the amount will be 150€.
Volunteer will get 85€ of monthly allowance money in form of a monthly bank transaction to a bank account opened at one of the Slovenian banks especially for her.
More information in the presentation: EVS Opportunity